IRENE Privacy Statement
Personal Information collected on the IRENE Website and use of that information
IRENE will only record your email address if you send us a message either via email or through a form on our website. Your name, email address, address and other details provided to us will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and it will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your prior consent. IRENE collects information on its website when IRENE’s customers or the public complete online forms. When information is provided to IRENE in this way that information will only be used for a purpose made known to you; a purpose you would reasonably expect; a purpose required, authorised or permitted by any law; or a purpose otherwise authorised by you. Persons who do not wish their personal information to be used for any particular purpose should not hesitate to advise IRENE. IRENE will respect those wishes.
Disclosure to third parties
Where it is necessary for law enforcement purposes or where we believe there is a threat to a person’s safety or health, we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties as required by law.
Links to third party Website
The IRENE website may contain links to other websites. These websites are conducted by third parties and IRENE does not control the content or the information collected on these websites. You should refer to those websites directly or to the authors of those sites to obtain details of the privacy policies relevant to those web pages.
Access, Accuracy and Security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can access and request correction of any personal information concerning you at any time. You may also request that we delete your personal information at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by contacting us at the details set out below. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Personal information reflects any information used to personally identify you. For example, your name, address, emails, telephone number, and type of work you do or similar if not working. Basically any information that identifies you would be seen as personal information.
Personal information we collect and store and how we collet it. If applicable your name, telephone number, facsimile number, age or birth date, occupation or otherwise, mailing or street address, email address, and other information provided by you via competitions, your employer, inquiries via websites or emails via staff members, or any other information from day to day operations carried on by us including third party suppliers
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Suppliers and other third parties related to our business. This includes employees, contractors or service activities related to you, all IT associated entities inclusive web site and day to day businesses related data bases? any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Peruse and update your personal information
- You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us
- Your personal information will be given to you by mailing or email. Whilst we will endeavour to send this information without a fee in some cases we may need to recover costs.
- There is no fee for making any corrections to your personal information
- In the case of not being able to pass on information due to the concern of other parties’ personal information or other such circumstances we will give you the reason in writing
Web Site Tracker ‘cookies’
If applicable to our web site. Cookies allow us to keep track of your activity on our website which includes traffic to site and the most popular services or functions on our site. This helps us design a site for a better user experience.
You may opt out of this activity by setting your browse not to accept them. Cookies do not collect your personal information
We collect, store, utilise and where applicable disclose your personal information. This is done so we can perform our day to day business and to provide relevant information to you
- to promote and deliver products and services
- to answer enquiries to provide information in regards to our services and functions
- to receive and respond to complaints by you
- to access most areas of our website
- to view overall performance of the website and its operations
- to make changes to your personal information for our day to day business
- to comply with all relevant laws regulations of any state or country
We may send you marketing material via mail, SMS, email, or similar & do so under the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). We will abide by your preference to receive these communications whenever practical to do so.
These communications are a choice which you may stop at any time by contacting us
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us (below) and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it. Our procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breaches is set out in our current complaints handling procedures.
We may disclose personal information to our Members and third party suppliers and service providers
More on Privacy
You can obtain further information about privacy in Australia and the protection of your personal information on the Australian federal Privacy Commissioner’s website www.oaic.gov.au